Video Production Intern
Do you have a serious passion for creating, crafting, and editing videos? Is storytelling your gift to the world? Are you looking for a spring internship that allows you the opportunity to create multiple videos every month, while pushing your creative limits? If so, then Ritter Insurance Marketing is a great choice for you.
We are looking for a Spring Intern, availability from current to May.
Must be enrolled in college with the ability to receive credit
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determining what camera equipment is necessary and obtain equipment if needed.
- Transporting, setting up, and operating various production equipment, including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
- Operating and maintaining proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
- Collecting b-roll footage, as well as interviewing appropriate staff and/or clients.
- Assisting in the social-sharing of the video content.
- Most commonly, you will be responsible for single-camera shoots.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to management.
- Helping to sustain and guide the video creative process.
- Assisting in maintaining the video hosting platform and understanding best practices.
- Staying up-to-date with all new technological advances.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, especially After Effects and Premiere (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign are a plus).
- Experience with all kinds of video, camera and audio equipment, as well as lighting.
- Must have a good photographic eye for camera angles and special effects, and knowledge of basic design principles.
- Proficient at storyboarding, scripting, and concepting.
- Understands basic and advanced composition techniques.
- Understands the fundamentals of branding.
- Very detail oriented and able to identify quality issues in audio and video.
- Attention to detail, quick thinking, and a demonstrated proficiency in shooting video.
- Proven experience in working as a team, with a mindset and goal for developing the best video content.
- Ability to learn new skills and determine on-going learning opportunities for film techniques.
- Maintains an open mind about video production, with the ability to make our company’s video strategy a reality.
- Owns the production process and does all that it takes to create great content.
- Self-starter who treats the brand as their own.
- Deals well with constructive criticism and easily accepts feedback.
- Great communicator who is able to interview and make people feel comfortable.
- Energetic and able to excite people to be on camera.
- Looks at the content from the eye of the viewer to create the best experience.
- Lifelong learner and able to identify new learning opportunities.
As the Video Production Intern, your job will entail producing video content for our organization that aligns with the brand, mission, and goals of our company. You will be responsible for storyboarding, shooting footage, and editing; managing creative assets and maintaining all video equipment. You will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. These duties may include the transport, setup, and operation of equipment; assisting with staging and set preparation. You will work closely with the Lead Graphic Designer to execute projects from concept through completion.
Bonus Points if:
- You have contagious enthusiasm that makes others light up when you enter the room.
- You are dedicated to improving your personal skills; learning every day.
- You love feedback and are a major team player.
- You’re awesome. And because you’re awesome, we absolutely want you to be a part of the team at Ritter Insurance Marketing.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: VidProInternHBG