Senior Software Developer
Ritter Insurance Marketing is an insurance brokerage firm focused on the rapidly expanding Senior Insurance Market. We are dedicated to providing unique and value-added services for our 23,000+ Independent General Agents. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Developer who will actively take a lead in our collaborative team environment with a focus on effective and creative solutions to our various projects. Mentor, leader, self-starter, problem solver needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Planning and developing software applications.
- Confer with developers, analysts, quality engineers, and management to obtain information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design along with time and cost constraints.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as required reporting, costs, and security needs, to determine cloud deployment configuration.
- Design, develop, and modify software systems in accordance with outlined objectives.
Testing and modifying software applications
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to the changes in the software development landscape, allow it to interface with new software, and/or to improve its performance.
- Develop and direct software testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing software.
- Ensure successful deployment of applications.
Proactively seeking business solutions to further the software development landscape.
- Takes an active approach to knowing and learning the core and subsidy businesses.
- Utilizes business acumen to distinguish opportunities for development progression and exploration.
- Contributes at a high level during planning meetings, code reviews, and brainstorming sessions.
Mentoring junior and mid-level developers.
- Actively mentor and train software developers.
- Seek out opportunities to teach new skills and technology to other team mates.
- Be available to answer questions and help resolve complex work issues with other developers.
- Prepare talks and presentations on new technology, techniques, or ways of thinking to teach others in a group setting.
Skills / Requirements
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer and Information Sciences, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in C#.Net, API Integrations, and multiple technologies.
- Solid analytical, technical, and problem solving skills with a focus on using the right tool for the job.
- Experience with Git, Github, Open Source Contribution, Online Presence is huge!
- A strong imagination and set of creative skills is needed.
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- Positive attitude and the ability to collaborate well with others is needed.
- High ability to learn and a desire to never stop learning.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Dev All 2.18