Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer who will actively engage in our collaborative team environment to develop and execute software test plans to identify software problems and pinpoint resolutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assumes responsibility for designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, and usability.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, and network environments.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or pieces of code to determine breakdown source.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Plan test schedules and strategies in accordance with project scope and delivery dates.
- Create and update automated test scripts to ensure accuracy.
- Assumes responsibility for documentation and communication on error and bug resolutions.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, user views, and content.
- Document software defects and utilize bug tracking systems to report defects to software developers.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, and completeness.
- Conduct historical analyses of test results to identify trends or relationship among variables.
- Collaborate with developers, analysts, and end users regarding error and bug resolution.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Recommend improvements to existing software.
- Ensure successful deployment of applications.
- Assumes responsibility for miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer and Information Sciences, or related field.
- Familiar with C#.Net
- Solid analytical and technical skills with the ability to speak to end users effectively is imperative.
- Being a self-starter is essential.
- Experience with automating testing, Git, Github, and problem solving is critical.
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- Positive attitude and the ability to collaborate well with others is needed.
- High ability to learn and a desire to never stop learning.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: QA All 2.18