- Respond to any building and/or facilities systems issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs).
- Performs preventative/routine maintenance work, such as changing the filters in heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, HVAC repairs, as able and necessary, determining when professional services are required.
- Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Solicits bids and quotes from vendors.
- Building and exterior inspections to determine needs of maintenance and repairs or actions required to prevent problems.
- Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications.
- Administrative support through managing and maintaining service requests and ensuring cleaning and maintenance supplies are maintained.
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24- hour basis.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed.
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves.
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
- Dismantles and installs furniture.
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned.
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility.
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
- Knowledge of project management, vendor management, facilities and/or maintenance management.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (oral and written) with all employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Self-starter, team player, and able to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience with common power tools and hand tools.
- Basic understanding of how facility-related systems work.
- Possess computer skills and be proficient in MS Office as well as preventative maintenance and work assignment systems.
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Effective hand eye coordination
- Use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate control panels
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: FACMgr