Ritter Insurance Marketing is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with time spent working with SaaS platforms, primarily hosted on Windows Azure infrastructure. This individual will work closely with application developers and the IT staff. This position offers a hybrid work-from-home schedule upon completion of training.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate and lead architectural discussions, best practices, and process improvements related to the DevOps pipeline
- Support development, staging, and production infrastructure in Windows Azure.
- Work collaboratively with developers, database administrators, and IT to meet the needs of the business.
- Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) using AppVeyor and GitHub.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code platforms such as Terraform.
- Site reliability and availability, including end-to-end performance, service monitoring, alerting, capacity sizing, and planning.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning & testing
- Manage backup environment.
- Assist in managing IT infrastructure.
- Provide vision to the team in mastering technologies, identifying and implementing worthwhile new technologies and improving our process focus on monitoring annual spend and reducing operating cost where necessary.
Skills / Requirements
- DevOps and system administration experience
- At least three years of managing Azure cloud infrastructure
- Experience configuring and supporting SaaS environments, provisioning resources, monitoring utilization and making adjustments by standard operating procedures
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle
- Ability to learn new concepts on the fly, and desire to stay current on latest technology trends.
- A working understanding of modern security standards and protocols
Desired skills (not required for consideration, but are preferred):
- Expertise in scalability, availability, performance tuning (preferably with Application Insights)
- Elasticsearch experience
- Logging best practices and approaches
- A development or scripting background, with a focus on automation.
- Automated testing infrastructure setup
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: DevOps